Executive Chef & Culinary Director Becca Richards has generously shared her famous sea salt and chocolate chip cookie recipe as the perfect pairing for our new 2022 Chehalem Pinot Noir Rosé. If you haven’t already tried these delicious cookies at the Chehalem Wine Bar, we invite you to make a batch at home – while sipping the new Rosé, of course!
Sea Salt and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C granulated white sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- ½ lbs unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp bourbon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 C white chocolate
- 1 C semisweet chocolate
- Flaky sea salt such as Jacobsen’s for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, add sugar, brown sugar, and room temperature butter.
- Mix on low and gradually increase speed to high being sure to scrape the sides of the bowl periodically.
- In a different container whisk eggs and vanilla together.
- When the butter and sugar look fluffy and light in color, keep the mixer on high and slowly pour in your egg/vanilla mixture.
- Continue to mix until fully combined making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and whisk together.
- Pour 1C of chocolate into the mixer, then your flour mixture, and the 2nd cup of chocolate on top of the flour.
- Mix on low until combined
- Scoop cookies into 2oz balls and place on pan. Sprinkle flaky salt on top.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until desired color.
About the 2022 Pinot Noir Rosé
Sourced from select vineyards across the Willamette Valley which were intentionally farmed for Rosé
This zesty pink Willamette Valley Rosé has bright aromatics that harmonize in the glass with notes of candied watermelon rind, tart grapefruit and white pollen. The palate feels fresh and clean alongside a balanced vibrant zing. As a result of the hint of concrete and neutral oak aging, the striking and expressive citrus flavor comes to a soft, textured finish. This bottle is sure to be a crowd pleaser to kick off any dinner party. Pour yourself a chilled glass and enjoy!